Friday, December 3, 2010

New Weight Watchers Plan

I attended my Weight Watchers meeting with great apprehension.  They changed the plan.  The first time in 13 years.  I have been kicking ass on the current points plan and so I am a little how shall I say....afraid to change what's been working for me.  But the way Weight Watchers has covered its bases, it is impossible to stick to the old plan unless you do it manually.  I do nothing manually except clean my house, anything else can be done on my computer.  If it cannot be done digitally, then it probably shouldn't be done at all..... Anyway, I bought a new scale, new books, new cookbook etc.   Yeah, they saw me coming but in my defense, this is my third time on the program.  I know what works and what doesn't and the more I explore the new program, I think this will work.  I believe it will work because it relies heavily on protein and fiber to fill you up and to keep the body's metabolism working even when you aren't.  Protein and fiber are much more difficult for the body to digest, therefore, the body is burning additional calories.  The program also has fruit and veggies with the exception of avocados (sad day) as 0 points.  The program is trying to encourage us wayward eaters to eat better.  The number of points has also increased.  That was the one that threw me for a loop.  Hmmmm 0 point fruit and veggies and more points..... can't possibly work.  But there are a couple of catches....  you eat the 0 fruit and veggies until you are satisfied not stuffed.  Additionally, many of the foods have increased in point value.  For example, healthy 1 point popcorn is now 3 points....  WINE HAS DOUBLED IN VALUE..... moment please.... whew.. okay.... I can never get through that one without a tear...

No comments:

Post a Comment